HUB XV member Karen Ramirez of Sporting Sheroes and Special Guests discuss why NOW really is the zeitgeist for women in sport.
The past few years have seen a marked increase in the profile, professionalisation and commercial opportunities in women's sport. Slowly but surely sports governing bodies, clubs, associations, the media and potential sponsors are realising that "The Women's Game" - whatever the sport - can offer tangible returns on investment, as spectator numbers rise and women are more than proving their worth on the pitch, track or course.
Feel that it's just not as exciting as the men's game? Maybe you didn’t catch these.
- Women's Rugby World Cup 2014 - England won, and in 2017 were in the final, but lost 41-32 to New Zealand;
- Women's Football World Cup 2015 - England got through to the semi-finals, and then won the play off for third place against Germany;
- Rio Olympics 2016 - the GB Women's Hockey Team won Gold;
- Women's Cricket World Cup 2017 - England won;
- Netball – Commonwealth Games 2018 – England won Gold.
Come and join us at HUB XV at Bath Racecourse for nibbles and a drink on arrival to discuss women in sport in 2019. 6-9pm.
If you’d like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the below form to start your HUB XV journey and one of our hosts will get in contact shortly.